Custom Fabricated Accessories for the Large Big Green Egg®
With the Woo Rings, it’s all about "simplicity" with a raised grid. The PSWoo2 provides a simple way to raise the grid to the felt line for direct or indirect set-ups. Simply set the PSWoo2 on the fire ring, place the grid on the top ring and start grilling. Or, simply slide the platesetter on the PSWoo2's lower ring and start smoking, low and slow. The PSWoo2 set-ups are the premier choice if you do not cook for large numbers or are looking for a convenient way to raise the grid.
NOTE: We recommend you take one quick measurement in your Large Big Green Egg® before ordering. This is the simplest way we’ve found to make sure the PSWoo2 will fit. Measure the distance from the top of the fire ring to the felt rim on the base. The measurement should be approximately 4-1/4". If it is not, contact us and we’ll see what we can do to get you set-up.
The Large PSWoo2 has a couple of significant upgrades over the prior Large Woo designs. The upgrades are:
- Handles allow for easy access in and out of the cooker;
- Works in tandem with the Large BGE platesetter;
- PSWoo2-CI works in tandem with BGE's cast iron grid.
Basic PSWoo2 design specs are:
- 1/4", 304 Stainless Steel, round bar material;
- passivated finish;
- Proudly fabricated in the USA.
We dig this new design so much, we're excited to say: The PSWoo is Patent Pending.
- The PSWoo2 positions the 18" stainless near the felt line for direct grilling on a raised grid.
- If you are a fan of cast iron, then we recommend the PSWoo2-CI as your choice. The inverted "L" shape handles are designed to fit through the narrow slots of the csst iron grid. Please note, the stainless grid works with the PSWoo-CI too.
- The PSWoo handles make it easier to lift the set-up in and out of the cooker. It's a convenient way to check the lump without dismantling the entire set-up. With proper hand protection, simply slip your fingers under the handles and lift the PSWoo up and out. You can grab the PSWoo2-CI using your index and middle fingers. It's best to have a staging area close to your cooker to set the PSWoo.
- Both PSWoo2s work with the BGE Large platesetter. We did this so it's easier to lift the platesetter in and out during a cook. Again, a handy option for checking the lump or adding wood chunks during a cook. The platesetter slides between the PSWoo's two rings and sits on the lower ring's half circle indentations. Pictured below right shows the PSWoo upside down and how the platesetter rests on the PSWoo's lower ring. The handles act as a stop, so you can't push the platesetter in too far. Our 14" and 16" Stainless Drip Pans are preferred to catch drippings and protect the platesetter. Foil the pans for easy pan clean up. We offer a 14" and 16" combo stainless drip pan set with added savings in our shopping cart.
- The PSWoo makes it easier to change between a direct and indirect cook with the platesetter. There's no need to touch the grid or food. Simply, set the PSWoo on a solid surface and slide the platesetter in or out along the the frontside. Make sure to wear proper hand protection if the platesetter is hot. The top ring on the PSWoo holds the BGE Large grid, so the platesetter carries no weight.
- PSWoo3 Update: When we introduced the PSWoo, we offered a PSWoo3 where we welded the Spider to the bottom of the PSWoo2. We no longer offer the PSWoo3 as most folks prefer to keep the PSWoo2 and Spider separate.
PSWoo2 Extender: New April 2015
We offer two types of Extenders. Which one depends on your grid preference: stock or cast iron grid.
- PSWoo2 Extender works with the 18" grid that came with your grill.
- PSWoo2-CI Extender works with BGE's large cast iron grid.
Both Extenders provide an elevated platform high in the dome to add a second grid, pizza stone or other accessory. Since they are a PSWoo2 accessory, both work in tandem with the BGE platesetter. The Extender height is our favorite height to grill butterfly (spatchcock) chicken and bake pizza.
The Large PSWoo2 Extender sits atop the PSWoo2 and the grill's 18" stock grid. The Extender's height is approximately 3.5 inches above the felt line and 18" stock grid.
The Large PSWoo2-CI Extender sits atop the PSWoo2-CI and BGE’s 18” large, cast iron grid. The Extender's height is approximately 4 inches above the felt line and 3.5” above the CI grid.
Both PSWoo2 Extenders work in tandem with our 16" Sliding D Grid. The D Grid slides back and forth along the Extender for easy access to the lower grid. The center support crossbar is a visual stop guide for sliding the D Grid. Just close the dome to slide the D Grid forward, back over, the 18" grid. Our 13x17 Oval Stainless Grid is not recommended for either PSWoo2 Extender. The Extender and D Grid provide a second level above the BGE platesetter, as shown below with the BGE platesetter, PSWoo2 and 18" grid.
The Rig Extender can hold our 15" or 16" Ceramic Stone for pizza/baking. This is our favorite stone position for baking pizza. We recommend our 15" or 16" stone, as these stones make big pizzas (Pappa Murphy's large) and overlap the Extender's legs. The top of the pizza benefits from the reflective/convective heating off the dome. The stone is high above the felt line, so it minimizes any chance of burning the felt gasket. The stone is far from the lump which helps produce a consistent heating through the stone. Pictured below left is our 16" stone. Pictured below right is our 13" stone. 14" stones and smaller will require the D Grid.
Set-Up (How to Use): Slip the cooker's 18" grid over the PSWoo2's handles. Position the PSWoo2 Extender so it opens forward and the two spokes on each side of the lower ring sit on the outside of the PSWoo2's handles. On the PSWoo2 -CI Extender, the two tabs slip between the handles. The Extender's lower ring sits inside the PSWoo2's handles. The spokes/tabs keep the PSWoo2 Extender properly positioned on the grid. Place the D grid on the Extender so the grid's flat section faces forward and the grid rails sit outside the Extender. Push the D grid back so the front of the Grid is even with the Extender's center support. To bring the D grid forward, just close the dome.
The Extenders is fabricated using 1/4" 304 Stainless Steel with Tig welds. The 16" D Grid is fabricated using 3/16" 304 EPQ Stainless. The D Grid is electro-polished for improved surface performance. Both are made in the USA exclusively by/for CGS.